I believe allowing the general population to vote is ludicrous. I feel the justification for this is best outlined in a series of reservations. So below I have complied some of my questions regarding democracy.
1) Do you think do you think the population that is 1/3 obese should be making choices for the rest of us?
2) Do you think a population of people who are reliant on government subsidies should be voting for the government?
3) Do you think the population that would rather watch TV then read a book should be voting?
4) Do you think who would rather go sit through a 2-3 hour Hollywood garbage should be voting?
5) Do you think a population that produces a population of college freshmen, 20% of which haven’t read a single book, should be voting?
6) Do you think a population of people should be able to vote if they call everyone they disagree with a Nazi?
7) Do you think a population should be voting when that population has severe issues with mental health?
8) Do you think a population should be voting when their average IQ is 100?
9) Do you think a population should be voting when more than 29 million American adults have diabetes and another 86 million have prediabetes?
10) Do you think a population should be voting when they do not understand their own history?
Democracy opens up a society to group think. People act completely differently when they are in a crowd than they would by their own. Voting allows you to act in concert with others. This creates an environment for the worst ideas to flourish.
If you have any questions regarding democracy send them my way here: email@example.com and I’ll update the list.